- According to the CDC’s Project to Learn About Youth-Mental Health (PLAY–MH), 1 in 6 K-12 students have a childhood mental disorder. Anxiety disorders are the most common, followed by oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
How Sycamores Helps
- Sycamores clinicians provide mental health services at the school or in the surrounding community.
- Works collaboratively with faculty, administration and families – becoming part of the fabric of the school. This allows for easy referral for students to mental health services who otherwise may not be able to access this care.
- Having mentally healthy students provides for a productive learning environment
- Additional services provided include
- individual, family and group therapy,
- services for students who also struggle with substance use
- 24-7 on call crisis intervention
- Additional training throughout the year is given to our partner schools’ teachers and administrators to help them better understand the signs of and how to support child mental health disorders.
Who We Serve
- 77 schools throughout Los Angeles County
- 1,033 Students served annually
- Top 3 Clinical Focus Areas
- 42% Depression
- 20% Anxiety
- 13% Trauma
- 97% of students said that Sycamores helped them better handle their problems
- “Sycamores has provided valuable services for my students and their families in providing emotional support. This helps the student perform better in school academically as well as helping them get along with others.”